Branches of DIET-Full name of branches with Abbreviation.
Function of branches of DIET
1. PSTE – (Pre-service Teacher Education)
- Distribution of work.
- Material Development & Research.
- Learner Oriented Education.
- Personality Development.
- Expansion of Cultural Values.
- Psychology counseling & guidance for schools and the members of Adult Education.
- Diagnostic Education.
- Education to the Disabled students.
- Maintenance of Science Laboratory, Psychology Laboratory, Classroom and Materials for the Disabled Students, Art Education, Teaching Materials and Facilities for the Sports and Physical Education etc.
- Inspiration to the Co-Curricular Activities.
2. WE ( Work Experience )
The main function of this branch is to develop
- The Teaching -Learning Material, Low-Cost Material, Evaluation Material and Techniques concerning the activities and Programmes of Pre-service and In-service Teachers.
- In-service Training Programmes.
- Maintenance of the campus.
- Monitoring and directing the activities of development.
- Maintaining working places/farms/parks for work-experience activities.
3. DRU (District Resource Unit)
- Organizing and conducting the program for the members of Adult Education and Non-Schooling Education
- Preparing syllabus for Adult Education and Non-schooling Education.
- Preparing Teaching-Learning Material after Basic Education (Buniyadi Shikshan) and basic mathematics.
- Preparing Low-cost materials and Evaluation Materials
- Coordination with concerning institutes and carries out the activities accordingly.
- Providing services as a Head Department for the programmes of Adult Education, Conducting Field-Interaction with the Adult Education and Non-Schooling Education Centres and their Projects.
- To conduct population education and continuous education.
4. IFIC (In Service Field Interaction, Innovation & Co-ordination)
- Coordination with Educational Institutions of the whole district in the organizing and direction of programmes during In-Service Education.
- Conducting programmes organized by DIET.
- Preparing Annual Time-Table and list of Training Programmes.
- Evaluating the quality and effectiveness of the Programmes of In-Service, look after and improving them which are organized inside or outside the infrastructures of DIET
- Conducting activities through correspondence, visit, distribution of printed materials etc.
- Working as Head Centre in the research and field interaction.
- Publishing Regular Newsletter and distribution to every primary school of the district.
5. CMDE (Curriculum Material Development & Evaluation)
- Up Grading of syllabus
- Syllabus for the tribal people in their own language
- Searching new talents, principles, motivators for the Evaluation, Questionnaire, Diagnostic test & programmes,
- Supporting District Resource Unit for the development of Adult and Non schooling education.
- Management of Working schools for the programmes concerning syllabus on service. Material development and evaluation.
6. ET (Educational Technology)
- Developing effective and low cost education materials for the basic education. i.e. Chart, Picture, Samples, Models, Map, Drama Scripts, Songs-jingles etc.
- Maintenance of Audio-Visual instruments of DIET.
- Organizing demonstrations of the educational materials prepared by diet or any other Institute.
- Collections of films.
- Organization of Adult Education Programmes.
- Management of working schools for development programmes.
- Running and maintenance of a Computer and other peripherals.
- Computer practical teaching to PSTE students.
- Teleconference, video Conference and email facility
- Conducting computer awareness programmes for selected primary teachers, CRC co-ordinators, BRC co-ordinators of district.
7. P & M (Planning and Management)
- Universalisation of Primary Education
- Achieving aims of National Education Literacy Programmes
- Obtaining detailed information about the persons getting Adult
- Understanding and involvement of people in the process of "Buniyadi Shikshan"
- Setting the Standards, Limitations and development of techniques for the evaluation of District Institutions.
- Conducting Studies and Researches for the areas of district which are educationally backward
- Leadership, Motivation, team work, Educational administration, Financial Management and Account.
- Co-ordination of programmes of various branches
- Providing information concerning Planning and Management
- Preparing reviews of the Yearly and Five-yearly institutional programmes of DIET and Self-Evaluation.